How many services will be halted if there is no PAN-Aadhaar link by June 30? PAN cards and Aadhaar cards have become very necessary in today’s times. If you have not yet linked PAN with Aadhaar then do it soon. If you do not link your PAN with your Aadhaar by 31 March 2023, your PAN card may become inactive. Due to this many problems can be faced.
How many services will be halted if there is no PAN-Aadhaar link by June 30?
It may be mentioned here that earlier the deadline for linking PAN and Aadhaar cards has been given several times and this time the Income Tax Department is not in the mood to extend the date. This is why PAN cardholders are often asked to link PAN with their Aadhaar.
Rs 1000 fee after June 30, 2022
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is charging a late fee of Rs 1000 for linking PAN with Aadhaar after June 30, 2022. The Income Tax department said that ‘as per the Income Tax Act, 1961, the last date for linking PAN with Aadhaar for all PAN holders, who do not fall under the exempted category, is 31.3.2023.’ If the PAN is not linked with Aadhaar, the PAN card will become inactive.
A fine of up to Rs 10,000 may be charged
if Aadhaar is not linked with PAN, if the PAN card becomes inactive, things like opening mutual funds or stock accounts will not be allowed. Apart from this, if you use this PAN card as a document anywhere, you may be fined heavily. Under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act 1961, you can be fined up to Rs 10,000.
If the PAN card becomes inactive then this problem can occur
- Can’t buy more than 5 lakh gold.
- You cannot deposit or withdraw more than 50 thousand rupees in the bank.
- If the PAN card is inactive, you cannot file the tax return.
- Any kind of financial transaction will stop.
- You cannot invest in mutual funds or financial schemes.
- There will also be difficulties in taking advantage of government schemes.
Whether PAN card is linked with an Aadhaar card ?…check… click here
Link Gharbetha PAN Card with Aadhaar Card Online… Click Here
Here is the process to link Aadhaar-PAN
First of all, you have to pay 1000 rupees
- After this go to the Income Tax website.
- Click on the Aadhaar link in the quick link here.
- Enter the PAN and Aadhaar number and click on validate.
- A link to the NSDL website for payment will appear.
- Click on PROCEED in CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280.
- Select Tax Applicable (0021) Income Tax (Other than Companies).
- ((500) Other Receipts have to be selected at the time of payment.
- The mode of payment will have two options, net banking and debit card.
- You can choose either option at your convenience.
- Enter your PAN card number in Permanent Account Number.
- Select 2023-2024 in the assessment year.
- Type any of your addresses in the address field.
- Now enter the captcha code and click on proceed.
- After clicking on proceed you will see your recorded information on the screen.
- After checking the information, tick I Agree, click on Submit to the Bank.
- If there is any mistake in the details you have recorded then click on edit
- Now you have to pay 1000 rupees by choosing the net banking or debit card option.
- After the transaction is completed, you will receive a PDF. Keep this download with you.
- It will take 4-5 days for this payment to be updated.
This process has to be done after the payment
- After 4-5 days you have to click on the link Aadhaar again on the Income tax website.
- Enter the PAN number and Aadhaar number and click on validate.
- If your payment has been updated, the option to continue will appear on the screen.
- Click on continue and enter your name and mobile number as per your Aadhaar card.
- Tick I Agree and proceed. Now you will get OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on Validate. Now a popup window will open.
- The pop-up will say that your request for Aadhaar PEN linking has been sent to UIDAI for validation.
- After validation, your PAN and Aadhaar will be linked. You can check its status on the Income Tax website.